Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Beautiful

First of all I would like to apologize for not being very active on here as of late. I let life get in the way. I will try to do better guys, I promise.

I decided that for this blog and for an undetermined number to follow, that I will write based on a single word that comes to my head. Honestly, it could sound better in theory than in reality but we will give it a shot.

The word that has been circling in my mind the last few days is beautiful. I do not know what this post is going to turn into so bear with me. I will try to not ramble too much.

BEAUTIFUL:

I typed beautiful into the search engine and I had many results; some were song lyrics, but a lot of them are definitions. Can we define beautiful? Who are we to say what or who is or is not beautiful? What does it mean to be beautiful? to feel beautiful? Why is the term beautiful generally limited to ladies as an attribute?

I am going to do my best to explore what the word beautiful means to me. I think that everyone and everything is capable of being beautiful. One of my favorite definitions that I found online is as follows: "excellent of its kind". I firmly believe that each and every person is made in the image of God, I think that makes every person beautiful in their own way. I think each person is one of a kind, therefore, doesn't that make each person "excellent of its kind"? I am going to list some things that I would classify as beautiful:

*God
*Unconditional Love
*Family
*My Sister
*My best friend
*Sunrises and Sunsets
*Vulnerability
*Authenticity
*Friendship
*Coffee
*Elephants
*Flowers
*Animals (most)
*Genuine Happiness
*Smiles
*Children
* The list goes on and on......

When I looked up images for the word beautiful the results were pictures of gorgeous landscapes and airbrushed models, therefore I have started a "campaign" for lack of a better word. Its called "Jesus in disguise" and I am documenting the faces in which I see Jesus. Make sure to check it out on Facebook if we are friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment